Skip to content

Your World Visa Partner Est 2021


What determines which kind of visa an international student should apply for?

The F-1 Visa is for international students engaging in a full course of academic study in an accredited educational program that has been designated by DHS.

What kind of study must an F-1 student is engaged in to maintain his/her status??

While maintaining valid F-1 status, students may be employed on the campus of the school they are authorized to attend for a maximum of 20 hours per week while classes are in session. 


What is the M-1 visa program?

M-1 Visa holders are students enrolled in a vocational program or school in the US. They must maintain a full course of study; part-time study is only permitted if authorized by the DSO.

What visa class would exchange students be in?

J-1 visa holders are individuals in the US who are exchange visitors for the primary purpose of studying at an academic institution under the auspices of the United States Information Agency and a designated program sponsor.


What kind of form must the dependents of an F or M international student receive to be permitted to live with the student in the US?

The school will provide students needing an F or M Visa with a Form I-20 to present at their visa interview with the consular officer once the student has proved they have sufficient funds to pay for the course of study.

What is a SEVIS I-901 fee?

The SEVIS I-901 Fee, which is a one-time fee for each program in which the student or exchange visitor participates.

When do students have to contact their Designated School Official (DSO), and why must they stay in consistent touch during their studies?

Once students arrive in the US with their student visa, they should immediately contact their Designated School Official (DSO).Once they are in school, it is very important that students stay in consistent contact with their DSO and advise him/her of any difficulties they are having in school. 

How long can F-1, M-1, and J-1 visa holders remain in the US after graduation?

F-1 students can remain in the US for up to 60 days after their course of study is over J-1 and M-1 students have 30 days. 

What are three ways they could stay in the US for a longer amount of time?

  • Transferring to another school;
  • Progressing to another level of school (e.g., from master’s to PhD, or bachelor to master’s);
  • Changing visa status (e.g. H-1B-temporary worker; O-extraordinary ability in science, art or business; P-athlete).