Skip to content

Your World Visa Partner Est 2021

Visas Conditions

Though it Take's some time Have a View!


Student must maintain enrolment in a full-time registered course that provides qualification at the same/higher level than the course and satisfy their provider's requirements for attendance and course progress.


Student must maintain adequate health insurance during the time they are in Australia.


Students must continue to satisfy the requirements for the grant of the student visa. For example, a student must continue to have sufficient financial funds to support their study and stay in Australia.


Student visa holder must maintain adequate arrangements for the education of any school-age dependant who is in Australia for more than 3 months.


If the student is under 18, he/she must maintain welfare arrangements with either a parent, close relative or legal custodian or if welfare is approved through the education provider the education provider must approve arrangements including when arrangements change.

What is the required Academic performance?

A student must achieve satisfactory academic results as per their institution. However, often an institution cannot immediately exclude the student for failure, and so the student continues on their student visa.

What if a student wants to change the Current address?

The student must keep the education provider informed of their current address in Australia. If the address changes, the student must inform the education provider within 7 days.

Visa required for Changing the course?

If a student wants to stay at the same institution but wants to change courses with the same AQF level they will not require a new student visa.

Are there any exceptions?

If the new course is longer than the original course, the student should apply for a further student visa before their visa expires.

Visa required for Changing institution?

If a student has not completed six months of their principal course and wants to change education provider, Standard 7 of the ESOS National Code sets out the circumstances in which this will be possible. Unless special circumstances apply, they are required to have the permission of the existing education provider (through a letter of release) in order to transfer to another education provider.


Student must keep the education institution informed of their current address in Australia. They have 7 days to notify them of any changes.


Student will not be eligible to lodge a new visa application in Australia and must return to their home country first, unless exceptional circumstances apply.


Student will not be eligible to lodge a new visa application in Australia and must return to their home country, unless the applicant gives evidence, in writing, that the Commonwealth or the government of the foreign country, as the case requires, does not oppose the applicant undertaking a further course of study.


Student cannot work more than 40 hours per fortnight when their course is in session. No work limits apply during recognised periods of vacation offered by the education provider & for Postgraduate Research students (subclass 574) once their course has commenced.


Student's family member, who was included in the primary applicant's (i.e. student visa holder) application and was granted a visa, can work up to 40 hours per fortnight.

What is the required Attendance?

A student must attend at least 80% of their scheduled lessons, unless they are enrolled in a higher education (i.e. University) course.

What if the student doesn’t meet the above?

The education provider will have documented policies and procedures stating whether they will consider compassionate and compelling circumstances.

Will the student be getting any notice information?

Student will be receiving information that they must attend at an immigration office within 28 days, if they do not do this their visa may be cancelled

Can the student Travel?

Students can enter and leave Australia as often as necessary while they have a current student visa. Students must check that their passport will not expire while they are outside of Australia.

What if the students get a new passport?

If they obtain a new passport after they have already got a student visa, they must inform DHA of the new passport details before they travel overseas.